Friday, August 10, 2012

Close to My Heart

I wear the same necklace every day and have it photographed as my blog background. It means a lot to me and sometimes I rub a charm when I'm thinking through a problem. There have always been three charms on it, and I was just given a new one. While the ohm and heart pendants are important to me, I will not be wearing them in India because they can be somewhat flashy. The remaining two, however, will stay around my neck and refresh my motivation and strength. 

The first is a quote from Mohandas Gandhi: "Be the change you wish to see in the world". This is important for me because the words were a precursor for my hop off the beaten path and a motivation for me to try something new and push myself to do something that is important to me. 

The second has a mehndi pattern on the front and a small ohm & inscription of the word 'breathe' on the back. Hopefully this will remind me that the year will be a challenge and, similar to yoga, I should always find my breath. Being honest with myself will give me strength and help me progress through the year.

1 comment: